What I like to do, is review the year and see what brands are the big winners in the area of “Brand Story” and how it is communicated. The MESSAGE OF A BRAND and how you bring this to a symphony of channels is truly more than just marketing; its critical that your story be both visual and authentic in its intent. Any number of things can happen to a brand during a year, bringing a brand from High to Low in a matter of hours if a social media channel gets wind of it.
Here are some of the things Brand Curators look a when reviewing a Brand Story:
- What happened during the year that made the brand especially vulnerable to controversy?
- Social Media Success story?
- Gaffe of Message versus Product?
- Bad News that effected sales?
- Celebrity endorsement that went flat? (or imploded)
- Service Screw-Up? Did the Brand come clean?
- Viral Endoresments? Accidental or Created?
- Pet Video? ANIMAL VIRAL?
- Launch of new Logo? New Product or campaign?
- POLITICS? MINEFIELD? MADNESS?
These and so much more make our year end branding round up so much fun!
OUR LIST OF FAVORITE BRANDS OF 2015 IN CHAPTER 2.